Saturday, August 8, 2009

Welcome to the Glinka Genealogy Blog

My name is Gayle Glinka Weyland and I am the great granddaughter of Michael and Mary Glinka, who came to America in 1904 and 1906 respectively. The reason why I am creating this blog is to share the Glinka family history with all my relatives. Heaven knows there are a lot of us "Glinka's"! I thought this would be a great way for the Glinka relatives to communicate with each other and to share their memories and stories their own parents told them about what they knew and remembered about Michael and Mary as well as themselves. Many generations have come about since Michael landed on Ellis Island and we need these stories to keep being told so that the ones that are gone before us are forever remembered through the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment